::Python wrapper to SLRI's SeqHound::
The rapidly increasing collection of genomic and proteomic data is
perhaps one of the most striking features of the post-genomic era;
The collection of such data in a coherent and useful manner is a
necessary prerequisite for research in these fields.
The SeqHound project is
one such centralized store of multiple data resources. It is,
however, somewhat problematic to utilize as it normally requires
the site administrator to install both a non-current version of the
NCBI C Toolkit, and then the SeqHound Remote Libraries found in
The SeqHoundRWeb Python module allows researchers to access
this data remotely without the need for either of these source
trees to be installed.
- 0.6 - Ready for testing
- 0.5 - Deprecated
- Some simplification of the Python module could and should be
- Set the option for verbosity as a diagnostic tool, but have the
library be quiet otherwise
- More example scripts needed, please send yours!
- SeqHoundRWeb Python Module
- SeqHoundRWeb Documentation (Coming Soon)
- Example scripts using SeqHoundRWeb (Coming Soon)
Any resemblance to bugs, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Alternatively, join the seqhoundrweb-l list
Peter D. St. Onge pete at seul dot org
Last update: 2003-09-SEP-15